Beef Chuck Pot Roast Boneless-Boneless Chuck Eye Roast

COOKING A BONELESS BEEF CHUCK EYE ROAST

Boneless Beef Chuck Roast for Pot Roast

Cooking a beef chuck roast (sometimes called a chuck eye roast) is best done in a dutch oven or in a slow cooker or crockpot. It is a favorite among all cuts for pot roasting. The dutch oven method can save you a few hours, but I like to throw this in the crockpot in the morning and have dinner ready when I get home from work. It's very simple. When using a slow cooker I prefer to brown all sides in a frying pan before adding to crockpot. Add 1 can or about 8 oz. of beef stock, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of onion soup mix. I also add some chopped onion and garlic. Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours. In a dutch oven, bring above ingredients to a simmer on top of stove and then place into a 300 degree oven for 4-5 hours covered. Make sure meat is covered nearly completely  in liquid. Depending on the size of your roast, your crockpot, and your dutch  oven you may need more or less. I usually cook a 3 to 3.5 lb roast.

Other recipes to try:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/stracotto-pot-roast-with-porcini-mushrooms-recipe/index.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/cola-braised-pot-roast-recipe/index.html

1 comment:

  1. Great post but I was wanting to know if you
    could write a litte more on this topic? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!

    Here is my webpage - diets that work

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.